Our students not only have a strong academic experience, but also have opportunities to participate in our curricular enhancement programs. These programs include fine arts, performing arts, and athletics. We believe that these experiences are critical to the development of the full potential of our students.
McNair School of Excellence
4820 W. Walton St.
Chicago, IL 60651
A CPS Neighborhood School
Spring Sports are Underway
Girls & Boys Soccer
Girls & Boys Track & Field
Hip Hop Dancing
The mission of our athletic program is to offer student-athletes, through participation in competitive athletics, an opportunity to experience meaningful growth, accomplishment, and success. As a McNair Rocket student-athlete you are a positive role model within our school and the community at large. As a student-athlete at our school, your sportsmanship goals should include:
- Maintaining at least a C+ in all classes, attend school daily, and exhibit positive behavior;
- Respecting the rules of the games, the officials who administer the rules, and their decisions;
- Respecting our opponents as fellow student-athletes,
- Refraining from engaging in all types of disrespectful behavior
- Looking at athletic participation as a potentially beneficial learning experience, whether you win or lose;
- Educating other students and fans to understand the rules of the game, and the value of sportsmanship
. Practices will be held after school as scheduled by the coaches.
*ATTENDANCE TO PRACTICE IS MANDATORY FOR ALL PLAYERS*
After School Programming
After school programming runs Monday through Thursday from 2:45 - 4:45 PM. Students are able to receive extended instruction in Math and or Reading. City Year staff offers enrichment activities as an incentive.
We also offer GODDESS & Butterfly Project Mentoring program for girls in grades 5-8 which inspires our scholars to excel in education and become the best person they can be in life.